Early Shaker oval maple and pine lidded box with two fingers plus one, secured with copper tacks. Pencil written inscription to the underside of the top reads "Bought of the Shaking Quakers at the Little Village of Lebanon the 26th day of August 1805". 2-1/8" H x 5-5/16" W x 3-3/8" D. Note: The Shaker Village in Mt. Lebanon, NY operated for 160 years, from 1787 to 1947. Condition: Overall very good condition with some slight surface scratches to the top and appropriate wear to the bottom. Some stains to the interior bottom.
Lot 96: Cast Iron Turkey Doorstop Previous Item Lot 98: Edgar A. McKillop Signed Mantle Clock Next Item