A 19th century German/Saxon violin instrument, possibly from Markneukirchen but probably from Schonbach with remnants of a maker's label for Sanctus Seraphin. Table likely spruce, back, handle, pegbox and scroll maple. Lot also includes a bow with patent head protector, dated 1920. A handmade quilted Victorian cover with initials GHP for Governor's Honors Program, possibly from PA, also included. Violin body measures 14"L. Approx. 23 1/2" total L. Bow measures 29 1/4" L. Provenance: Maryville, TN private collection. Condition: Old receipt with case indicating minor repairs in the 1990s. Bridge replaced. Strings for bow appear to have been replaced. Moderate wear to finish, most noticibly to back of handle and back of body.
Lot 724: Pair Music Boxes w discs, Regina & Thorens Previous Item Lot 726: French Violin, after Salzard Next Item