- Low Estimate: $500.00
- High Estimate: $550.00
- Share this:
Group of three (3) Carl Sublett (Tennessee, 1919-2008) architectural watercolor paintings on paper depicting three historic Knoxville houses, all rendered in sepia tones, titled, signed, and dated '64. One depicts a home on Clinch Avenue SW, one depicts a rear view of the Colonel James Van Deventer House and the other depicts a House on Circle Park. All housed in matching wood and gilt frames with white mattes. Clinch Avenue painting measures: Sight: 15 1/2" "H x13 " W. Framed: 23 1/2" H x 20 1/2" W. The other paintings measure: Sight: 13 1/4" H x 15 3/4" W. Framed: 21 1/4" H x 23 1/2" W. Note: After 1908, the Colonel James Van Deventer house was used by The University of Tennessee as its Faculty Club, and was razed in the 1980's to allow for the construction of Hodges Library. The houses on Circle Park were razed in the mid-1960's to allow for the expansion of the University of TN campus. The "tower" house is still standing on Clinch Avenue.
PROVENANCE: Collection of John H. and Carol R. Evans, Farragut, Tennessee.
CONDITION: All in overall good condition with toning to paper.