Our next major auction, scheduled for January 30th and 31st in Knoxville will feature fine art, decorative arts, jewelry, silver, and historical ephemera from several Southern estates and fine collections. A few items from the upcoming auction are below. Watch for more items to be added to this page in the coming weeks and our full catalog in December. Join our email list and we’ll notify you when the catalog is live.
Henry Kirke Brown (New York, Massachusetts / Italy, 1814 – 1886) bronze cabinet-size bust depicting the American attorney and statesman, Senator Henry Clay Sr. (Kentucky, 1777-1852). Signed on the left-back shoulder “H. K. Brown Sculptor Sept. 1852”. 16 1/4″ H x 9 1/2″ W x 6″ D. Another example of this bronze bust is on display in the U. S. Senate. Artist biography: Born in Massachusetts, Henry Kirke Brown (1814 – 1886) displayed an early talent for portrait art and began with Chester Harding at the age of 18. During this period, he began modeling with clay and developed an interest in this medium. He subsequently worked as an engineer on Illinois’ first railroad to earn enough money to study sculpture in Italy for four years. Brown was the creator of the first western-themed bronze, “The Choosing of the Arrow” that was distributed by The American Art Union. In addition to western bronzes, Brown also created portraits for the National Statuary Hall in the U. S. Capitol Building and several notable equestrian statues including one of George Washington, Andrew Jackson, and Winfield Scott. He became a member of the National Academy of Design in 1851. Provenance: The estate of Senator John Marshall Butler of Maryland, by descent to the consignor.
Harriet Whitney Frishmuth (American, 1880-1980) bronze sculpture titled, “The Star”, depicting a nude female, standing and reaching up with one arm. Stamped on top base of sculpture “Harriet Frishmuth 1918” and stamped along the edge of base “Gorham Co. Founders 0504 #115”. Mounted onto a black square marble base. Sculpture measures: 19 1/8″ H. 20″ total H w/ base.
Joanna Higgs Ross (Nashville, TN, born 1934) oil on canvas expressionist landscape painting titled “Cades Cove No. 9” depicting a field and a line of trees, fore and middle ground, against a hazy blue mountain range, background. Signed and dated “Joanna Higgs Ross, 1985″ with title and additional signature, en verso of stretcher. The Annual Tennessee All-State Artist Exhibition, Parthenon Galleries, Centennial Park, Nashville, TN label with artist’s name, title, medium, and additional information and a blue Purchase Award ribbon from the same exhibition, en verso. Housed in a grey painted wooden frame. Sight – 36″ H x 48″ W. Framed – 36 3/4″ H x 48 5/8” W. American, late 20th century. Biography: Joanna Higgs-Ross was born in Nashville and is associated with the “Knoxville Seven”, a group of progressive artists connected to the University of Tennessee which included Richard Clarke, Robert Birdwell, C. Kermit Ewing, Walter H. Stevens and Carl Sublett. She majored in art at UT Knoxville, and received a B.F.A. in 1956 and received her M.F.A. from the University of Illinois in Urbana in 1961. She taught art at Lambuth College in Jackson, TN, 1961-1982. Paintings in public collections include Tennessee State Museum, Knoxville Museum of Art, and Memphis Museum of Art. Recent exhibitions include the Tennessee Arts Commission and Knoxville Museum of Art. (Source: the Tennessee Arts Commission).
George Ayers Cress (Alabama/Tennessee, 1921-2008) oil on canvas expressionist painting titled “Seawall” depicting an abstract rendering of a seawall in shades of yellow and brown with a stretch of blue ocean beneath a cloudy blue sky. Signed and dated “George Cress 1970″ lower right. All-State Artist Exhibition, 1970 label with artist name, title, notation that this painting won the 1st Purchase Prize in Oil, and list of judges name inlcuding Lamar Dodd, Ferdinand Warren, and Marshall Boudin, III, en verso. Housed in a wooden frame with gilt trim. Sight – 36 1/8″ H x 44″ W. Framed – 37″ H x 44 3/4” W. American, third quarter 20th century. Biography: George Cress was born in Anniston, Alabama and studied at Emory University, American University, and the University of Georgia, where he studied under fellow Southern contemporary artist Lamar Dodd. He was a central figure in Chattanooga’s arts community and served as President of the Tennessee Arts Council and sat on the board of the Hunter Museum of Art. From 1951-1984 he was painter in residence at the University of Tennessee in Chattanooga; the Cress Gallery of Art at UTC is named in his honor. (courtesy Tennessee Historical Quarterly Vol. XLIV No. 2: “Landscape and Genre Painting in Tennessee 1810-1985”)
Burton Harry Callicott (Tennessee/Indiana, 1907-2003) abstract oil on canvas painting titled “Outpouring No. 2” depicting a white central circle with radiating bands rendered in the primary, secondary, and tertiary shades of the color wheel. Signed and dated “Callicott ’85” lower right. Title, date, artist’s name, and additional information en verso. Housed in a white wooden frame with gilt trim. Sight – 59 1/2″ square. Framed – 6 5/8″ square. American, late 20th century. Biography: “Born in 1907 in Terre Haute, Indiana, Burton Callicott spent much of his childhood and his seventy-year career as an artist and educator in Memphis. Callicott graduated in 1931 from the Cleveland School of Art, where he began an exploration of the use of light and dark that would follow him throughout his life. He is perhaps best known regionally for his set of three large murals in the Memphis Pink Palace Museum titled The Coming of De Soto. Completing his training in sculpture at the Cleveland School of Art in the midst of the Depression, Callicott returned to Memphis, where his mother and stepfather, Michael Abt, resided. The director of the western division of Tennessee’s Federal Works of Art Project, Abt played a major role in launching Callicott’s career. He put Callicott to work immediately on Memphis Cotton Carnival floats and displays for other Memphis festivals while also helping him secure a commission for a Public Works of Art Project mural in 1933. Installed in the Memphis Museum of Natural History (now the Memphis Pink Palace Museum), the three-panel mural depicts Hernando De Soto’s arrival in West Tennessee. Another of Callicott’s most recognized works, The Gleaners (1936), was completed during the early years of his career and received much attention at the 1939 New York World’s Fair. These early projects set Callicott off on a long and successful career in Memphis. Callicott became a founding faculty member of the Memphis Academy of Art (now the Memphis College of Art) in 1937. Callicott became professor emeritus in 1978. Callicott’s works have been exhibited at various museums across the state and region, including the Cheekwood Museum of Art and the Tennessee State Museum in Nashville, the West Tennessee Regional Art Center in Humboldt, the Knoxville Museum of Art, the Carroll Reece Museum at East Tennessee State University, the Arkansas Art Center in Little Rock, and the Morris Museum of Art in Augusta, Georgia. Samples of his artwork are on permanent display at the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art and the Memphis Pink Palace Museum. The Tennessee Arts Commission chose to honor the work of Callicott in 2000 with a specialty license plate for which he designed a rainbow with the caption, “art is…a rainbow.” Callicott continued to live in Memphis until his death in 2003″. (source: “Burton Callicott” by Elizabeth H. Moore, originally published October 8, 2017, https://tennesseeencyclopedia.net/entries/burton-callicott/).
Michel J. Cazabon (France, Trinidad and Tobago, 1813-1888) Caribbean watercolor landscape depicting an adult and child figure standing at the edge of a body of water, with trees and hut in background and cattle in the foreground, under a hazy gradient sky. Faint signature “Cazabon” lower left. 10 5/8″ H x 14 1/2″W. More information in the coming weeks.
Edwin Maximilian Gardner (Tennessee, 1845-1935) oil on canvas Black Americana painting titled “Hoe in Hand” depicting an adolescent African American male holding a hoe and a basket and standing on a dirt road in the shadow of a tree. Signed and dated “Edwin M. Gardner 1903″ lower left. Typed artist’s information label and conservation label, en verso. Housed in a giltwood frame with reeded and lamb’s tongue running patterns. Sight – 29 5/8″ H x 21 5/8″ W. Framed – 35 5/8″ H x 27 1/8” W. American, early 20th century. Note: This painting is the illustration provided for the artist biography in the Tennessee Encyclopedia by Madeline Reed. Biography: Edwin M. Gardner, illustrator, portraitist, and cartographer, was born near Pulaski in Giles County, but while still a young boy, he moved with his family to Mississippi, where he probably had some formal training in art. While in his teens, Gardner fought in the Civil War as a member of Nathan Bedford Forrest’s cavalry. Following the war, he began his formal art education in Memphis, then moved to Europe to train at the Royal Academy in Brussels, with later studies in France and Italy. Upon his return to the United States, Gardner resumed study at the National Academy of Design in New York. Afterward, he moved to Aberdeen, Mississippi, where he taught art at a female academy. He next moved to Winchester in Franklin County, where he spent five years on the faculty at Mary Sharp College. Gardner made his last home in Nashville, where he had his greatest artistic influence. He made the first woodcuts and pen portraits for photoengraving used in the local daily newspapers, including the first published pen portrait of Sarah Childress Polk. Although Gardner was listed in the catalogue of the 1885 Watkins Institute Art Show as a teacher there, he actually taught under the auspices of the Nashville Art Association in the art room which Watkins provided. His first official association with Watkins’s Night School probably came in September 1910, when he was hired to teach industrial art. (School commissioners were perhaps still uncomfortable with the term “fine” art.) Gardner’s presence on the Watkins Institute faculty gave the school a teacher trained in commercial and fine arts. He encouraged his students to draw by taking casts and using live models, and this laid the foundation for the school’s Department of Fine Art. (source: “Edwin M. Gardner” by Madeline Reed, Tennessee Encyclopedia, originally published October 8, 2017, https://tennesseeencyclopedia.net/entries/edwin-m-gardner/).
Gilbert Gaul (American, 1855-1919), oil on canvas landscape depicting a country road with two wooden structures painted red, one possibly a barn with weathervane, obscured by leafy trees, under a mostly cloudy sky. Titled “Tennessee Back Road” on previous sales label en verso, along with artist information. Signed “G. Gaul” lower left. Housed in a gold leaf cove molded frame with carved acanthus leaf ornaments at corners. Canvas – 12″H x 18″W. Frame – 20″H x 26″W. Provenance: Private Southern Collection.
Washington Girard (Tennessee, 1873-1931) oil on board landscape painting depicting a stream flowing between several beech trees. Signed “Girard.” lower left. Original Art Deco period carved giltwood frame with projecting corners. Sight – 26 3/8″ H x 23 5/8″ W. Framed – 34″ H x 31″ W. American, early 20th century. Biography: William Washington “Wash” Girard was born on Sycamore Creek in Cheatham County, TN and after high school traveled to New York to study under marine painter Edward Moran. Following the death of his girlfriend, he returned to Nashville, where he continued painting and was a prolific writer. “His paintings of beech trees, his favorite theme, were often small and painted on Sycamore Creek or Brown’s Creek in the Nashville area. Not overly sentimental, these paintings were praised for their romanticism while remaining realistic.” (source: Weesner, “William Washington Girard”, Tennessee Historical Quarterly, Spring, 1986).
Lloyd Branson (Tennessee, 1861-1925) panoramic oil on cardstock fall landscape painting depicting a rock lined stream flanked by fall trees foreground and a meadow with trees and mountains visible background. Signed lower right “Branson”. Housed in a gilt carved frame with oak leaf and anthemion decoration. Sight: 5 1/2″ H x 12 1/2″ W. Framed: 12″ H x 19″ W. Early 20th century. Biography: Enoch Lloyd Branson was best known for his Southern portraits and depictions of East Tennessee history. He moved to New York in 1873 to study at the National Academy of Design, where he won a first prize in 1875. In a partnership with Frank McCrary from 1885 to 1903, Branson became a leader in the East Tennessee arts community. He was a mentor to Catherine Wiley and is credited with discovering Beauford Delaney. (Research courtesy of James A. Hoobler, Tennessee State Museum).
Lamar William Dodd (Georgia/New York, 1909-1996) oil on canvas impressionist Southern landscape painting titled en verso upper stretcher “The Peaceful Valley”. Depicting an Alabama valley scene with animals visible to the center within split rail fencing and a lake to the left with rolling blue hills in the background. Paper label en verso reads “This painting Alabama Valley is the property of the artist LAMAR DODD ON permanent loan to Mrs. F. J. Dodd LaGrange, GA”. Housed in a textured gilt wood frame. Sight: 24 3/4″ H x 35 3/8″ W. Framed: 30 1/2″ H x 41 3/4″ W. Biography (courtesy Askart: The Artists’ Bluebook and The New Georgia Encyclopedia): Lamar Dodd is known for modernist-leaning landscape, genre, and still life painter, and as an educator. He had a career centered in his home state of Georgia, although his education at the Art Students League in New York City, and some of his painting assignments, such as being an official artist for the National Aerospace Program, took him far beyond his home town of Athens. Dodd was head of the art department at The University of Georgia (UGA) from 1938 until 1973, when he stepped down. He remained chair of the Division of Fine Arts until he retired in 1972. In 1963 a new art building was dedicated on UGA’s north campus. The Department of Art was renamed the Lamar Dodd School of Art in a dedication ceremony in 1996, just months before Dodd’s death later that year.
Umberto Brunellechi (France/Italy, 1879 – 1949) large oil on canvas rendered in bright colors and impasto technique. Depicting a country European landscape scene with a male and female musician performing as a mother with her baby daughter watch, with a village in the center background beneath a bright blue sky. Signed in stylized lettering “Brunelleschi” and dated “1906” in Roman numerals lower left. Housed in a scrolled and oak leaf carved gilt wood frame under glass. Sight: 36 1/4″ H x 44 3/4″ W. Framed: 44 1/2″ H x 53″ W.
18th century English school oil on canvas half length portrait, in the manner of William Hogarth (British, 1697 – 1764) depicting a young dark haired woman seated and attired in a Colonial style dress with lace cap, neck wrap and bell sleeves against a dark backdrop. The Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota gallery label en verso of stretcher. Housed in an ornate gilt carved and gesso Louis XVI style frame. Placard fixed to lower inner edge of frame reads “Wm Hogarth – Portrait of Mrs. Hogarth”. Sight: 30″ H x 24 5/8″ W. Framed: 43 1/2″ H x 38 1/2″ W.
Flemish Old Master oil on panel, school of Marten de Vos (1532 – 1603), depicting Christ seated and teaching from the Holy Scriptures to a young bride, possibly a representation of the Church. Latin inscription to the upper center, the Latin word “Eccfefia” (Crowns) to the left of the bride, monogram signature to the right of Christ. Housed in a modern carved gilt wood frame with foliate corners. Sight: 25 1/4″ H x 34 1/8″ W. Framed: 31 1/2″ H x 40 1/4″ W. 16th/17th century.
Yeu-Qua or Yeuqua (Chinese, fl. 1860-1885) miniature watercolor portrait of young Kate Freeman Clark, in original studio paper and silk frame and case with Yeu-Qua label, Hong Kong. Miss Clark, depicted at about 6 years of age, is posed standing next to a short column with green plant, and is dressed in a white lace dress with blue sash and matching headband. Original label is pasted to silk covered case and includes cleaning instructions along with the painter’s studio address. A faint pencil inscription notes this painting was copied from a “photo” of the little girl. Portrait: 5″H x 3 1/4″. Case: 7″ x 5 3/4″. Circa 1880.
Ladies Platinum 3.19 carat diamond ring, GIA certified, featuring 1 emerald cut diamond weighing 2.61 carats, Clarity-SI1, Color-L measuring 9.53 x 6.87 x 4.30 mm, good polish and symmetry and no flourescence. Accented by 2 half-moon cut diamonds approximately 0.58 carats, Clarity-VS2, Color-G. 6 3/4 size. GIA Report number 5212183856.
Ladies antique diamond bar pin, containing one round old European brilliant cut diamond, 7.13 – 7.18 x 4.41 mm, weighing 1.40 carats, color E, clarity VS1 with large open culet and very thin girdle. Diamond is set in a six prong round yellow head installed in the center of bar pin. Pin measures 50 mm L, 2.5 mm W, tapering to knife edge at top of pin. Mounting is 14K yellow gold, tested not stamped. Gross weight is 5.6 grams. GIA # 2215197006.
Andre Harvey (American 1941 – 2018) and Donald Pywell designed 18K yellow gold and cabochon natural tourmaline shell and sea turtle figural necklace and earrings set. Necklace comprised of figural sea turtles and shells and 6 oval cabochon tourmalines. Signed and numbered on large center shell en verso “Harvey * Pywell 18K 21/100”. Set also includes a pair of figural shell and cabochon natural tourmaline earrings stamped en verso and numbered “HP 18K 14/250”. Original box and necklace tag included with the lot. Necklace measures: 18″ L. Earrings measure: 1 1/4″ L. Gross weight of the lot is 131.8 total grams. Original box included.
7 Piece Sterling Silver Tea Service with Sterling Tray, Pompeiian pattern by Mount Vernon Silver, retailed by Ayre & Taylor, New York. Includes 28″ x 18″ oval sterling tray with guilloche banded rim and rectangular vermeil medallions depicting four cherubs, together with a hot water urn with detachable stand and burner, teapot, coffee pot, creamer, sugar and waste bowl, all of Neoclassical urn form with guilloche banded rims and reeded handles, the bodies adorned with engraved swags and vermeil repousse medallions depicting a Greek goddess on one side and monogram reserves on the other (monogrammed W), raised on square bases with guilloche banding. Urn stand features four caryatid legs with ram masks and hoof feet. Hot water urn with stand measures 17″H. Combined weight 307.41 oz troy. Note: a demitasse or “bachelor” service in this same pattern is also being sold in this auction.
New Orleans three piece coin silver tea service by Anthony Rasch (working New Orleans, Louisiana 1820 – 1858, working Philadelphia 1805-1820) comprised of a teapot, creamer and covered sugar bowl, each with a rounded body on a round pedestal base with palmette decorated bands to the rim, shoulders, pedestal and base and S-shaped handles. the teapot with a shell thumb piece and acorn finial and the sugar bowl lid with an acorn finial. All stamped to the base “A. Rasch”. Ranging in size from 6 3/4″ H x 6 1/2″ dia. to 9 3/4″ H x 10 1/2″ dia. Teapot weighs: 32.46 troy ounces, sugar bowl 25.36 troy ounces and creamer 11.16 troy ounces. 68.97 total troy ounces. Lot also includes an associated Mappin & Webb W347 handled oval serving tray with chased foliate decoration to the center, an egg and dart border and scrolled handles. 27″ W x 17 1/4″ H.
President John Fitzgerald Kennedy, 35th President of the United States, TLS, one-page typed letter on The White House, Washington, D.C., stationary to John Marshall Butler, Senator from Maryland, dated January 17, 1963. Addressed to “The Honorable John Marshall Butler,” lower left, Kennedy remarks upon Butler’s retirement from the Senate, writing “Dear Senator: I am sorry that I cannot join personally with you this evening for the testimonial dinner marking your retirement from the United State Senate. I know that this occasion is one of both regret and satisfaction for you. After a most successful career in law, you worked most effectively over two terms as a Senator from Maryland. During that time, you were also an influential member of three of the most important legislative committees of the Congress. I am confident that in the days ahead you will continue to take an active interest in public affairs, and I wish you and your family all happiness. Sincerely” with signature below. Housed and matted under glass in a black painted wooden frame with gilt wood fillet. Sight – 8 3/4″ H x 6 5/8″ W. Framed – 13 1/4″ H x 10 3/4″ W. Provenance: The estate of Senator John Marshall Butler of Maryland, by descent to consignor.
Scarce Nashville, Tennessee schoolgirl needlework sampler stitched by Eliza Folwell and dated October 16, 1836. Silk and wool on linen, checkered outer border surrounding a wide floral border, with upper and lowercase alphabet and numbers over a large basket of flowers and a cartouche containing signature, “Nashville Tennessee,” and date. Old (but not original) framing label en verso for the Memphis Photo Supply Co., Peabody Hotel. Sight – 16″h x 16 1/2″W. Frame – 18 1/2″ square.
North Carolina Daniel Seagle (1805-1867) alkaline glazed stoneware pottery jug, ovoid form with brown alkaline glaze, strap handle, incised lines below the neck rim. Upper shoulder beneath spout with incised initials “D S” for Daniel Seagle and a “5” denoting capacity. Marked on bottom “DWB” for the Daisy Wade Bridges collection. 16 1/4″ H. Mid 19th century. Provenance: Private Southern Collection.
Framed oval black marble plaque with carved decoration depicting a seated male wearing an apron and hat sawing through a slab of stone. Partially legible presentation inscription en verso. Housed in a giltwood frame with a foliate spandrel, the back with a partial paper label reading M. BARRETT & BRO / CARVER & GUILDER/ No. 82 Howard Street, Cor. Saratoga, Baltimore, / MANUFACTURER OF /LOOKING GLASS/ PORTRAIT/ PICTURE FRAMES AND GILT WORK/ PLAIN AND FANCY WOOD FRAMES AND IMPORTED FRENCH & GERMAN LOOKING GLASS PLATES. Stone and frame held in place by wood lattice and iron brace. Stone measures: 2″ H x 14 5/8″ W x 12″ D. Wood frame measures: 16 7/8″ H x 19″ W. Circa 1855.
PLAN DE LA VILLE DE MEMPHIS (ETATS-UNIS) 40,000 HABITANTS pen and ink with watercolor hand drawn drainage system map, circa 1870. Depicts a grid street plan of the city of Memphis with labeled street names and bodies of water and lines delineating drains, conduits, and reservoirs. Title, lower center under image, key, lower left of image. Unsigned. Sight – 13 5/8″ H x 20 1/4″ W. Framed – 21 1/2″ H x 27 3/4″ W.
Southwest Virginia or East Tennessee two-piece corner cupboard, walnut primary and poplar secondary. Stepped cornice with vertical contrasting line inlay, star and flower inlaid frieze above two arched doors having 14 glass panes with molded mullions, surrounded by line and heart inlay with vertical inlaid stiles and returns simulating columns. Interior fitted with three scalloped shelves. Base with stepped medial molding above two inlaid doors, vertical inlaid stiles and returns simulating columns, two interior shelves, all resting on bracket feet with returns. Rosehead nail construction visible on backboards. Top measures: 61″ H x 55 1/2″ W x 28″ D. Base measures : 38″ H x 59 1/2″ W x 29″ D. 99″ total H. Circa 1810.
Southern Hepplewhite sideboard form with a Richmond, Virginia area history, figured maple primary and yellow pine secondary. Comprised of a molded rectangular top above three cockbeaded and dovetailed drawers over a central deep compartment with breadboard doors flanked by two deep drawers. Case transitions to a scalloped skirt and tall tapered legs. 43″ H x 68″ W x 23 3/4″ D.
Rare Middle Tennessee Sheraton huntboard or slab desk, cherry with tulip poplar secondary wood. Rectangular top over a large single drawer with plain hinged front, which drops down to reveal a writing surface and fitted interior with seven pigeonholes and two small drawers. Turned and tapered legs are continuations of stiles, with cup and ring turnings at top and ring and double ball turned feet. Circa 1830. Provenance: descended in a Williamson County, Tennessee family.
Middle Tennessee cherry sugar chest, Giles County. Poplar secondary. Square top with breadboard ends and molded edge above a case with one interior divider and medial molding over one dovetailed drawer with wooden pulls, all resting on turned Sheraton legs. 33 1/4″ H x 26 3/8″ W x 17 1/4″ D. Circa 1830. Note: Photograph of two females, the original owners, included with the lot, pencil signed on the back “Zucarello Sisters, Giles County”.
George Nakashima hanging wall cabinet, cherry, c. 1960; overhanging at front and right with canted side; exposed dovetail joinery at left flush side; two sliding doors concealing one adjustable shelf on the left and an open storage compartment on the right. 14 1/2″H x 70 3/4″ W (back of cabinet) and 65″ (front of cabinet) x 13 1/2″D (overall). Provenance: Private Nashville, TN Collection; consignor’s mother acquired this cabinet directly from Mr. Nakashima circa 1960.
Anthony Quinn (Mexican/California, 1915-2001), “Song of Zorba,” bronze sculpture, signed (c) “A. Quinn 84” on base and mounted on a green marble base. Sculpture 21 1/2″H. Base 2″H x 6 1/2″W x 8 1/2″W. Biography: Anthony Quinn, best known to many as an Oscar winning actor, was also a professional artist. He was born in Chihuahua, Mexico and his family moved to Los Angeles when he was a child. At age nine he began sculpting and at age 12, entered a California statewide competition, which he won with a plaster bust of Abraham Lincoln. Another art competition prize in his late teens earned Quinn the opportunity to study with Frank Lloyd Wright. Although his career as an actor propelled him to national recognition, Quinn continued to draw, paint and sculpt, often between takes while working on various films. He occasionally exhibited his sculpture in galleries, including a one-man sell-out exhibit at a gallery in Honolulu, and sold works to celebrity friends.
Mid Century Knoll Industries rosewood credenza, designed by Florence Knoll Bassett, rectangular form having ten drawers opening to fitted interiors with chrome hardware and legs and a conforming marble top. Underside with “Knoll Associates 320 Park Avenue New York, NY 10022″ label also bearing the Knoll Industries trademark.25 1/2″ H x 75″ L x 18” D.