- More Information:
For more information on this or any other item, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Share this:
Glen Leven was built in 1857 by one of Nashville’s early and prominent citizens, John Thompson. Thompson’s son (also named John) married Mary McConnell Overton, granddaughter of another prominent early Tennessean, Judge John Overton (builder of Traveller’s Rest). The last owner of Glen Leven, Susan West, was a descendant of this family through her mother’s side. Glen Leven has always been privately owned, having been in Susan West’s family the majority of time since it was built. From Susan West’s father’s side, she was a descendant of the Wilson-Harris family, which lived on a plantation in the Nashville area known as Waveland and alternately, Cottage Home. Waveland/Cottage Home was torn down for the Nashville Airport in the 1940s. Susan West’s parents were Robert Hunter West and Conn Overton Harris West. Provenance information provided with many items in the auction were gathered from notes made by Susan West before her death and oral history from surviving family members.
[p][b][url=http://www.liveauctioneers.com/h/catalog/13508?pagenum=1&prev=item&pagenum=1&id=&ah=525-bf80a]click here[/url] – to view all cataloged lots for this auction.[/b][/p]
[p][b][url=http://www.caseantiques.com/page/antiques/Uncataloged%209%2015%202007%20auction]click here[/url] – to view uncataloged lots for this auction.[/b][/p]