About Case Antique Inc. Auctions & Appraisals
Case Antiques, Inc. is based in Knoxville, Tennessee, where our gallery is located, with a satellite office in Nashville, Tennessee – but our reach is worldwide. We conduct cataloged auctions of investment-quality art and antiques under the stewardship of knowledgeable professionals, including two accredited appraisers on staff. Our live auctions feature:
- Mail and email lists of over 15,000 art & antique buyers
- Over 1800 bidders from 40 different countries per auction
- In person, telephone, absentee, and online internet bidding
Additionally, we offer personal property consultations/evaluations, and appraisals for estate, donation, and insurance purposes in compliance with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP). We also coordinate estate liquidations in the Knoxville and Nashville areas.
We accept consignments of objects of value: single items, large estates, or collections deaccessioned by museums, colleges or universities and other institutions. We work closely with trust officers and estate attorneys, estate executors or other individuals responsible for dispersing estates, as well as museum curators, private collectors seeking to refine or upgrade their collections, and individuals who are downsizing.
Auction consignment categories we are actively seeking include Paintings, Southern Decorative Arts, Pottery, Silver, Historical Documents and Maps, Civil War Memorabilia, Historic Weapons, Fine Porcelain, Textiles, Native American and Asian Decorative Arts, and Jewelry.
John Case is the owner, founder and president of Case Antiques, Inc. He has over 20 years experience researching and evaluating American antiques and art, with a specialization in early Southern decorative arts. John is an accredited member of the Appraisers Association of America (AAA), the oldest professional association of personal property appraisers in the United States. John has also completed the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) course and passed the examination. In addition to his appraising credentials, John also holds an auction gallery license from the state of Tennessee (TNGL #5157). John has given lectures on Southern material culture at the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts (MESDA), the William King Regional Arts Center, the Appraisers Association of America national convention, the International Society of Appraisers national convention, and served as an appraiser for East Tennessee Public Television (ETPtv) and other appraisal events. Case also authored “Regionalism Considerations: A Southern Focus” in the Appraisers Association of America comprehensive handbook, Appraising Art: The Definitive Guide to Appraising the Fine and Decorative Arts. He also served as a contributing editor for the Frist Museum’s Art of Tennessee exhibit in Nashville, Tennessee and has completed a museum graduate course sponsored by the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts at Wake Forest University. Case was appointed and later elected chairman of the Tennessee Executive Residence Preservation Foundation (TERPF). Founded in 1971, the nonprofit foundation works closely with the First Lady of Tennessee, Crissy Haslam, and is charged with the acquisition of art, furniture, and objects of historic significance to enrich the Tennessee Executive Residence (also known as the Governor’s Mansion), with particular emphasis on objects with a Tennessee provenance.
John grew up around his family’s antiques and estate sale business in Kingsport, TN. He earned a degree in Biomedical/Biochemical engineering from Duke University and worked in that field while continuing to consult with his family’s antique and estate sale business. In 2005, he decided to follow his lifelong interest in art, antiques, and technology to open an auction firm using the latest technology to provide worldwide marketing and bidder participation. He can be reached at our Knoxville gallery – 865-558-3033 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sarah Campbell Drury is Vice President of Fine and Decorative Arts for Case Antiques, Inc., with over seventeen years of professional experience in the field of art and antiques, and directs our Nashville operations. Sarah is an Accredited Member of the International Society of Appraisers (ISA) specializing in Fine Art (paintings, sculpture and prints), Antiques and Residential Contents, and performs appraisals for high-value estate, insurance, and charitable donation purposes. Her professional experience includes the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) course and successful passing of its examination, and the 2003 Fall Furniture Institute at the Museum of Early Southern Decorative Arts in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. In addition to appraising, Sarah has authored articles on art and antiques for numerous publications, including The Magazine Antiques, Maine Antiques Digest, Silver Magazine, and Antique Week newspaper. She welcomes the opportunity to speak to the public about art and antiques. Past speaking engagements include the Tennessee Decorative Arts Symposium at Belmont University, Traveller’s Rest Plantation, and University School of Nashville, and she has served as an appraiser for East Tennessee Public Television, Memphis and Nashville Public Television, Two Rivers Mansion, and other appraisal events. She is a graduate of David Lipscomb University in Nashville. Her particular areas of interest include fine art (particularly Tennessee paintings), silver, and antique samplers. Sarah can be contacted at our Nashville office – 615-812-6096 – or at email@example.com.
Case Antiques Inc. Auctions & Appraisals offers a variety of services tailored to meet each client’s needs – whether they are consigning a single item or an entire estate.
For estates or downsizing individuals, that may include any one or combination of the following:
- Cataloged Gallery Auction – For investment quality art and antiques, we conduct competitive, internationally marketed auctions, attracting dealers and collectors worldwide. By offering all forms of bidding – live floor, phone, internet, and absentee – we make it possible for dealers and collectors from around the globe to enter our Knoxville, Tennessee gallery and participate in our auctions. We have achieved record prices for a number of artists and in several categories.
- Estate Evaluations and Appraisals – Our accredited appraisers offer basic home walk-through consultations, estate inventories, or formal appraisal reports written in accordance with USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) guidelines for equitable distribution of estates and federal tax functions.
- Estate Sales – Our estate sales team offers informed pricing and a professionally managed, advertised sale for decorative antiques and general household objects. This service is primarily for the Knoxville and Nashville estate sale markets. For items remaining after the estate sale, we can coordinate donations, haul-away, and cleaning services, leaving the premises empty and broom swept.
We have a valued reputation for integrity and professionalism, and can provide references on request from past consignors including estate attorneys, executors, museums, and private consignors. Contact us to discuss how we can serve you at 865-558-3033 (Knoxville) or 615-812-6096 (Nashville), or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission of Case Antiques
The mission of Case Antiques is to provide superior customer service, exceptional stewardship, and quality antiques and art to our clients. Case Antiques will strive to educate and build long term relationships with clients in the investments of fine art and antiques.
The Case Antiques mission includes three important components:
- An exclusive focus on the antiques and art auction business.
- Embrace and implement the latest technologies to enrich the antique & art experience for the client.
- Contribute to the community in which we exist.
Case Antiques Operating Principles:
- Trust in one another and our customers.
- We will walk with integrity and treat one another and our customers with respect.
- We will follow through on all commitments to our customers and our team.
- Our customer needs are our top priority.
- Our business decisions will be principle-based, and we will strive to make continual improvements in our processes to insure quality service to our customers.